The main objective of this course is to give the students a thorough description of general and Croatian lexis in one place and to process the majority of issues related to the notion of lexical units. By confronting different theories, students will be encouraged to independently consider universals through semantic relations between lexical units: which is one, and which is two (relation between polysemy and homonymy); what is the same and what is different (relation between synonymy and paronymy); what is a possibility, and what is realization (relationship between paradigmatic and syntagmatic). In addition to gaining theoretical knowledge and be given a historical overview of the development of the Croatian lexis, the students will, through interactive classes, enrich their vocabulary, be able to observe lexical errors in public communication, properly use lexical units and thereby develop the ability of naming concepts in Croatian words. During the semester, the students will be able to apply the knowledge acquired through classes and constant reading of lexicological works and deal with smaller assignments, and check what they have learned through lexicographic examples.
- Bilo koja knjiga o leksikologiji na bilo kojem jeziku. Mogući izbor: Ladislav Zgusta: Priručnik leksikografije (preveo D. Šipka), Sarajevo 1991. (original: Manual of Lexicography, The Hague 1971), str. 27-332.;
- J. Filipec; F. Čermak; Česka lexikologie, Prag 1985.;
- Leonhard Lipka; English Lexicology; Tubingen (2002)
- Rajna Dragićević; Leksikologija srpskog jezika; Beograd (2007)
- Danko Šipka; Osnovi leksikologije i srodnih disciplina, str. 9-163.; Novi Sad (1998)