Born 1979. in Rijeka. Completed a BA in Classical Philology in 2002 and a PhD in Linguistics in 2008 at the University of Zagreb (thesis: ”Verbal valency in Croatian Grammars of Latin”; supervisor: prof. dr. Ivo Pranjković, co-supervisor: prof. dr. Mate Križman).
From 2004 to 2010 worked at the Croatian Institute of History, then moved to the Faculty of Croatian Studies. Served two terms (2010-2012, 2014-2016) as the chair of the Department of Croatian Latinity. Since 2002 taught a dozen of courses in the field of Latin language and literature.
Professional interests: Latin language (especially post-medieval), macaronic Latin, digital humanities.
|Published papers recorded in the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI)|
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which
is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI). This link will take you
to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
For further information and for instructions on changing the above data, please contact email@example.com.
- Croatian Philological Society
- Croatian Society of Classical Philologists: Member of the Executive Committee (2010–), Deputy at Euroclassica (2010–)
- International Association for Neo-Latin Studies
- Renaissance Society of America
- Gruppo di Studio internazionale sul macaronico
- Associazione Amici Merlin Cocai
- Journal Systasis: Member of the Editorial Board (2010–)
- Journal Kroatologija: Member of the Editorial Board (2009–2019)
- Conference On the soul (Skopje, Macedonia, 2016): Member of the Program Board
- Conference on Juraj Rattkay (Zagreb, 2016): Member of the Organisational Board
- Second Croatology Conference (Zagreb, 2011): Member of the Organisational Board
- Faculty of Croatian Studies, University of Zagreb: Member of the Publishing Committee (2011–2018), Member of the Board of Quality Insurance (2010–2012)
- Euroclassica – European Latin and Greek Exams: Coordinator for Croatia (2012–)
- Croatian Ministry of Science: Member of Board for School Competitions in Classical Languages (2013–),Member of Board for Evaluation of School Manuals (2013–)
|List of select projects|
- 2016, 2017: Klasicizam i antiklasicizam u renesansnom latinitetu [Classicism and anticlassicisam in renaissance Latinism] (Sveučilište u Zagrebu / University of Zagreb); 2018 – Principal Investigator
- 2015: Crkva i latinski u Hrvatskoj i BiH: jezik, žanrovi, povijest [Church and Latin in Croatia and B-H: language, genres, history] (Sveučilište u Zagrebu / University of Zagreb) – Principal Investigator
- 2014: Dvojezični računalni grčko-hrvatski i latinsko-hrvatski korpus (GHLH korpus Sveučilišta u Zagrebu) [Bilingual computerised Greek-Croatian and Latin-Croatian corpus (University of Zagreb GHLH Corpus)] (Sveučilište u Zagrebu / University of Zagreb)
- 2014–2018: Textual networks of early modern Croatia (Hrvatska zaklada za znanost / Croatian Science Foundation)
- 2014–: Hrvatska pisana baština od 17. do 19. stoljeća [Croatian Written Heritage from the 17th to the 19th century] (Sveučilište u Rijeci / University of Rijeka)
- 2007–13: Civilna Hrvatska ranog novovjekovlja : društveno-kulturno-politički odnosi [Civilian Croatia in the Early Modern Period: Social, Cultural and Political Relations] (Ministarstvo znanosti Republike Hrvatske Croatian Ministry of Science)
- 2005–06: Percepcija Turaka u hrvatskoj latinističkoj historiografiji 16. i 17. st. [Perception of Turks in Croatian Latinist Historiography] (Ministarstvo znanosti Republike Hrvatske / Croatian Ministry of Science)
- 2004–05: Kanonske vizitacije Senjske i Modruške ili Krbavske biskupije [Canonical Visitations of the Diocese of Senj and Modruš/Krbava] (Ministarstvo znanosti Republike Hrvatske / Croatian Ministry of Science)